My Store: CKDK Apparel

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dedicated to my dog, Jaxx Magee


 

  My dog has died.

  He has gone to doggy haven, in the great blue sky

  Someday I'll join him there,

  but now he's gone with his dark shinny coat,

  his loving manners and his chestnut color eyes

  I do believe in a heaven for all animals

  where my dog waits for my arrival waving his fan-like tail in friendship.

  I'll not speak of sadness here, of having lost a companion who was my animal

  spirit.

  His friendship for me, like that of a natural gentle giant, the good karma boy. 

  It was love at first sight, when he fetched the first ball and ran into my arms. 

  My dog, Jaxx would gaze at me, paying me the attention I need,

 the attention required to make  me understand that, being a dog, he was my animal spirit,

  with those eyes so much purer than mine, he'd keep on gazing at me

  with a look that reserved for me alone all his sweet and love of life,

  always near me, never troubling me, and asking nothing.

  There are no good-byes for my dog who has died,

  So now he's gone in the great blue sky

  good-bye my animal spirit, good-bye my

  Jaxx Magee 1997 - 2009

 

 

Posted via email from Kay Kelison's Digital-Log

No comments:

Blog Archive