My Store: CKDK Apparel

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Free Advice From A Recruiter

Please consider your online presence! Which means those pictures of you doing a wet t-shirt contest should be removed on Facebook. I have a friend who has a job interview this week and she just emailed me to remove a ton of pictures I have of her up on Flickr, a social site where people look for you, too.  While you may have went and made them all private, Bing and other search engines still have cached images of those photos.  I had emailed her ages ago when I first posted those pictures, to let me know if anything should be removed. No response. Now, when it is already cached, she wants to do something about it. So I guess this is more like start considering your online presence way before you apply for a job - because some things will come back to haunt you. As a recruiter, I think it’s important to start a conversation on this topic. I also don’t suggest removing everything about you off of the channels. To me it looks odd and just looks sketchy. If I search for someone and find nothing, I know that the channels have been sanitized, and this person has something to hide. Or, even worse, they don’t realize what a powerful communication channel these channels are, and haven’t figured out how to positively leverage the internets.

Kay Kelison CIR, ACIR, CDR | Talent Sourcer

Advertiser and Publisher Solutions Group (APS)
kaykel@microsoft.com| advertising.microsoft.com

Want to learn more about Microsoft Bing jobs? Join the Microsoft Bing Talent Community!

Click here to learn about open positions, what it's like to work on Bing and to receive updates as frequently or as infrequently as you'd like.

Follow Me/Invite Me

       become a FAN

My Blogs

 

Posted via email from Kay Kelison's Digital-Log

1 comment:

syeds said...

Yes! Flickr has its own image. its become families now a days.

Advertising resume templates